1. We went back to the park today after the bad experience yesterday. It was amazing. We all had fun and soaked up the warm sunshine. The boys played nicely with their scooters and digging with the backhoe toys in the dirt. It was like a completely different kid was with me today. I soaked up every minute of the ordinariness of it.
2. The eggs are dyed and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Easter Bunny. That is a big deal in my house. Easter Bunny brings small toys like sidewalk chalk, matching Star Wars t-shirts, water bottles for summer, and swim goggles. He also brings a reasonable amount of candy, although I sent my candy addict husband to buy it, I sent him with a budget.
3. For Easter we are having a seafood extravaganza. We bought 5 lbs of mussels that are cleaned and soaking. Yummmm. We are also having salmon on the grill
4. This evening I had a Mom break night. I walked into the garage and it seemed the neighborhood were all over having a beer with my husband, and all the kids were scootering and playing. My neighborhood has changed so much since we have been here. It is like Mayville in the city.
5. My sister’s heart valve surgery was put off for a while. Her lungs after the 50 days on a respirator are not ready. She is getting more and more depressed with her healing. She will never be the same again and I think she is finally realizing that. I look forward to seeing her in the next few weeks.