After the anxiety I had yesterday I decided to take an inventory of all that I am grateful for because it is far better to focus on the positive than the negative.
1. My kids ask me to read them books like Where The Wild Things Are. We lay in bed all together and take turns reading a page each. I have always related to Max’s Mom in a deep way with kids like mine.
2. Although my husband is working mega late hours this week he has taken time everyday to chat with me either by phone, email, or this morning he saw me returning from my walk and he waited in the driveway just to chat a minute. He’s cool, even though I am feeling rather solo this week on the parenting front.
3. I have kick ass neighbors. I helped one friend’s Mom fix her phone while walking to school to get the kids, talked about babysitting swap a half a block later, then got teased a half a block after that. My neighbors are the perfect combo of not too in your business but totally there for you while remaining open minded. They make me not want to move ever. I have some amazing friends who I wish daily were my neighbors.
4. Tomorrow for the first time since January I don’t have a deadline for my freelance gig, Listen To Your Mother is over, the kids don’t have any doctors appointments, neither boy has any intakes or evaluations, I actually have a Wednesday with nothing. Who wants to be like a lady of leisure and go to lunch?
5. I love my nephew is in my hood. I love when he calls to ask about which dry cleaners to use, or where he can find a car wash with a vacuum.
6. My best friend from high school’s Dad is coming to stay overnight with us. I am beyond excited. He and I have had a special relationship for years. He raised two daughters as a single father in the 70′s. – 80′s. Both his daughters are amazing. If that is not kick ass I am not sure what is.
6. Keep your fingers crossed, I may not be working weekends anymore. I find out in two weeks. Squeeeeeee