Over here in PunkyMama Land I have two overtired kids. We were the last at the pool last night and the first to return this morning. Ryan got asked to leave swim practice after his fourth time out. Yeah, we all need a vacation from our staycation.
Tonight I am off to work which is a mixed bag. I could use a good nights sleep
1. Any shift workers have advice on going to an important event on no sleep. I am working till 3am Saturday morning and have to be at a conference at 7:30am. I can’t miss work and I REALLY want to go to the ADHD leadership summit. I need staying awake strategies.
2. Well well well there is a new food allergy non profit called the Food Allergy Foundation. I found their website a comprehensive resource and their mission which is well said, “Our mission is simple – to find a cure for all food allergies.” I found their tips for dining out with food allergies especially useful.
3. I really liked my husband on vacation. We’d go off to swim team, swim lessons, and tennis lessons and I’d come home to a dishwasher unloaded, a cleaned kitchen, and the boys lunch made. I never worried about watching the kids and volunteering for the swim team, I’d watch kids and he would volunteer. I had a partner in homeschooling and parenting ALL the time. I could water the plants alone or go off here and there alone. I am so spoiled. Boo he went back to work and the dishwasher is all on me today. Grumble grumble.
4. Tomorrow the kids have a sitter at the pool all day. Should be very interesting, they are extremely excited. Holding my breath it goes well.
5. I am over halfway to my goal of posting every day for a year. Hi-five internet!!