Today is “Tie a String On My Finger Day” A list of things I never want to forget about my kids growing up.
1. Ryan has decided the name of Pep Boys Automotive Store is “Three Bros”. I giggle every time he says it.
2. Ryan and Aaron met a new friend this summer. He has developmental issues similar to Ryan’s and is a little older than the boys, but they have become close. When they see each other it they all get so excited. I stayed at the pool watching them play board games happily till almost 8pm last night. He does not swim on the team but his sisters do, I usually adopt this kid at swim meets and he is a joy to have around.
3. Aaron has become a true high diver. The past two summers Aaron would do everything he had to do to pass his high dive test. Then he would never go off the high dive again. This summer Aaron goes off the high dive all day long and even tolerates diving on his face. (ouch) He insists that looking up is the way to dive even when I tell him chin to chest. Hey Mom was a competitive springboard diver but she wouldn’t know how to dive. Geeesh Mom.
4. Ryan started OT at CHOP this week. When we drive up to CHOP Ryan turned to me and said, Mom usually if we visit CHOP in the summer we come as an emergency and we wind up staying a few days. I much rather OT than that. I replied, yeah, me too kid.
5. My nephew neighbor is moving away for a better job. He has been volunteering for the boys swim team as a place judge, shows up when we are swimming at the pool, watches the boys here and there, comes for Sunday barbeques with the neighbors, and is just plain wonderful to have around. I feel so fortunate we have had this time with him as a family, but we are going to miss him terribly when he goes. Now I have three or four reasons to visit South Carolina. I am thinking about a road trip next August. It’s going to be hard to adjust to going back to having no family around. I have been completely spoiled.