I have to go to work tonight for the first time in almost two weeks. Before I go off to nap here is a quick list of things I am digging about this summer’
1. This is the first summer in two years we are not in crisis. I want to pinch myself every morning that things are low drama and easier than they have ever been. It took almost nine years but I am feeling confidant as a parent for the first time!
2. Now that all our activities are over this summer it has been pretty fun. We go to the park, we go to the pool, we do school work, we go to a museum. I still go to the museum when I know it is slow and Ryan has had some issues splashing people this summer but his behavior issues have been minor compared to all his years.
3. Being away from bartending has me realizing how much I like it, well at least I don’t mind it. I love to talk to the customers and be surrounded by adults occasionally.
4. I am going to sleep out of the house with the kids for the first time since my Dad died two years ago. We haven’t slept out of the house because Ryan’s seizures were due to lack of sleep both times and last time we went to New York he would not sleep. I swear he slept maybe four or five hours. I am hoping he sleeps this time and does not have a seizure. I have been so scared to travel with them but I am going to try it. My husband is staying here to work. I will be gone Monday till Wednesday next week. Think healthy thoughts for us.
4. Aaron gained back three of his four lost pounds and suddenly I stopped seeing his ribs. Good stuff I tell you. He tends to have days where he eats all day long but heck I will deal with it.
5. Did I again say Ryan is in an amazing place? I just want to soak him in day after day, parenting him has always been so damm hard and suddenly this June he was easier to parent. I know it can change and be hard again but for now I want to enjoy our lives just the way they are.