My girl Gabrielle, over at My Whac-A-Mole Life, has bestowed upon me the Leibster Award. It’s origins are shrouded in internet mystery but the rules are as follows:
1) You must thank the person who gave you this award.
2) You must display the Liebster heart on your blog. PROUDLY.
3) You should nominate 3 to 5 up-and-coming blogs (some rule variations say 11) with fewer than 200 subscribers.
4) Each person must post 11 things about themselves. See section below.
5) Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
6) Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer.7) Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post (no tag backs because the point is to try and highlight new bloggers and spread the support).
1. Which of your own blog posts is your absolute favorite? Explain why and link please. I have been blogging since 2006, which is forever on the internet. I have written everyday for two years and am going for a third. This is a trick question for me. I never read back what I have written all that often.
2. What song makes you perk up every time you hear it? Ha You ask this of a musician? It is a question that spurns more questions. What genre of music? Which era? In what situation?
3. What book are you reading now (or what’s the last book you can remember reading)? UFO’s: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go On Record. A dude at the bar and I were discussing a documentary I watched and told me to read it. He keeps wanting to have bar time book club but I am the looser who is halfway through who stopped reading.
4. List three words that describe your life. CHAOS, love, nonstop
5. What’s your favorite app? Monopoly Hotels.
6. What keeps you up at night? Caffeine. Ryan in crisis.
7. What was your first job? I was a Lifeguard at a gym in 1983.
8. What’s for dinner? Turkey Taco’s
9. What would you love to learn if you had the time? Guitar
10. Which holiday do you love the most? The 4th of July. Outside summertime bar-b-que at the pool. I can’t pass that down.
11. Are you sorry I tagged you? Not at all!!
Eleven things about me.
1. I used to be a lifeguard.
2. I like having a job that has odd hours although I get really tired at times.
4. I am not a skittle person.
5. I have not eaten beef since 1987. Not that beef, people get your minds out of the gutter.
6. My husband likes to be a peripheral part of the blog but not our lives.
7. I can drive a motorcycle
8. I have a degree in Kinesiology. It means nothing to my life except I have a great grasp of biology and physics.
9. Wish I had a band part time.
10. Hiking to me is better than prozac.
11. Glad this list is over because it goes to 11. Ok stupid Spinal Tap joke. If you do not know who or what Spinal Tap is you need to know.
So to nominate eleven people.
1. My friend David I know from the bar. He is a musician, a plumbing designer, and a friend. Go visit him at a Greasy Heart.
2. I know the author of this blog from the time he was a kid. It disturbs me he is old enough for the bar. Visit him at Loud Fingertips. Lets encourage him to continue blogging!
3. Shoshanna. I met her when she auditioned for Listen to Your Mother Philly and we were in the cast together. She is a spitfire and I adore her. Her blog is Shoshuga.
3. I met Jeff at the ADHD Aware 1st Annual Youth Conference last summer. We were drawn together and I appreciate his point a view a ton. His blog is Jeff’s ADD Mind.
4. Andy from Today is The Day is one of my most loyal and supportive commenter. I love her story. Her son has ADHD too.
and because I am a blogging zero or rebel I have no one else to add on my 11 point list. Check out the blogs above. They are awesome.
Here are your questions
1. Why do you blog?
2. Coke or Pepsi? Whiskey or Vodka? All four?
3. What is your favorite site to waste time on the internet?
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. What is your favorite cuisine?
6. Night owl or early bird?
7. Risk taker or rule follower?
8. Tell us about your pets.
9. Where is the farthest you have traveled from home? Where is home?
10. What recent events do you hope shape your future?
11. One word to describe you.